Featured Restaurants: Embers Wood Grill in Gainesville, FL
We are often asked for restaurant recommendations, and we are always happy to promote the excellent restaurants in Gainesville.
This week we're featuring Embers Wood Grill (which also has a bar and smaller menu next door at Sparks).
Voted the #1 restaurant in Gainesville by Tripadvisor, Embers Wood Grill consistently outperforms with its excellent wine menu, top quality steaks and fish, and extremely professional wait staff.
Embers is locally owned by 3 sets of hardworking families:
1. Briton Dumas is the chef and co-owner.
2. Ryan Todd is the certified Court of Masters Sommelier and co-owner.
3. June and Charles Allen, co-owners.
My favorite choices at Embers:
1. Filet Mignon with blue cheese on top and a side of truffle mac and cheese and mushrooms.
2. Chilean Sea Bass with a side of truffle mac and cheese and onions.
3. The alligator appetizer- surprisingly tender (and very tasty!).
Embers truly has something for everyone! Meat-lovers, vegetarians, and pescatarians will all be happy.